Thursday, February 17, 2011

Colds and Minecraft Boredom

I have a cold, a debilitating and miserable cold that is rendering me unfit for all activities, even, possibly, Minecraft. I have been staying for a while at the Tower on Zombie Hill, which has all kinds of nifty stuff to explore. There are many shallow caves in the sheer cliff faces around me and I’ve explored almost all of them. None of them have lapis – none of them are really deep enough for lapis or diamonds, more’s the pity – but they’re cool nonetheless. I made a couple of boats and sailed around all the cliffs in the area, which is how I got the idea to try to make a navigable canal from one sea to the next. It didn’t really work: my watercrafting is not up to par.

I also died: I blame the cold. It is a sad day when one cannot kill a zombie before he kills you but my head is spinny and stuffed up and I am not thinking straight. Therefore, when I respawned and headed back – the Tower is extremely close to spawn, which is handy – I decided I was entitled to Easy mode. Easy mode is exactly the same as Normal mode; I know this but I keep forgetting it which is why I felt so betrayed by the three creepers who attacked my house first thing the next morning, nimbly taking out part of one wall and several paintings.

I want to carve a pithy saying into my cliff walls but I am having trouble coming up with one. I wish I hadn’t already used Surrender Dorothy which is, after all, sort of the perfect pithy saying. I’ve thought about Stay Loose, Hang Cool, Admit Nothing, which was on a postcard a friend sent me years ago and I’ve thought about everything else, from commercial slogans – Where’s The Beef? would be apropos, since it would be nice if cows dropped steaks as well as leather – to Buddhist homilies to obscure 80s references – Frankie Say . . . what? What the hell does Frankie say, anyway? I don’t remember. That’s why I simply carve a small valentine into one corner after a lot of vodka on Monday night and then I leave World 5 for a while. I’m back to my new world, where lapis is plentiful and everything is, hopefully, fresh and exciting. I think I might be getting bored with Minecraft and this is worrying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment